Pages

Friday, May 30, 2014

My favourite picture from the news this week (every day in May)

This week has been absolutely mental for me and I haven't had a lot of time to read 'news' (something I usually enjoy doing).

So, I just did a quick scout now to find a picture that grabbed my eye.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/world-travel/photos-e6frfqai-1226870095560?page=4

It's San Francisco, taken from a helicopter, by photographer Michael Shainblum.

I like the colours, the contrast of the beauty of nature against the beauty of the urban landscape.

I love how it makes you feel tiny and huge all at the same time.

It looks so cool and you can almost feel the icy wind whipping through your hair - it takes me back to my own (ground level) adventures in San Fran.

As Mark Twain Jack London someone once said, "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco."

What's the coldest you've ever been?

http://claireyhewitt.blogspot.com.au/2014/05/may-30-your-favourite-photo-of-week.html

5 comments:

  1. I really hate the cold. HATE IT. I lived in Dublin for a year and I think I was cold the entire year. I was travelling and being stingy and never bought myself a decent coat and clothing, my clothes from Australia were just useless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The coldest place I have been was in Switzerland, to the top of the Schilthorn, it's about 3000m above sea level. IT was REALLY cold, I had so many layers on I was the michelin woman! But the view was spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a tossup - Coldest - Shannon's Flat in a cabin with no electricity and the snow at Mt Selwyn too - we were ill prepared.
    Crossing over and through the Snowy mountains one COLD December day on a push bike !
    Cool image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate the cold. I will avoid it at all costs. I love this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think when I lived in New York and didn't have water proof footwear and used to walk around in the snow and my toes would be SOOOOO cold. I soon wised up and got great boots and stomped around with warm tootsies! Then again living in rural NZ, Alexandra where it's freezing eg often not above 0 and going out without proper clothes. Great pic x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for stopping by :)