Pages

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

A habit I'd like to break (every day in May)

I could win an Olympic medal for worrying. 

Or could I? 

Maybe I don't practise my worrying as much as I should. Maybe I should research a better way to worry. Am I doing enough worrying as a wife and mother? Do you think it's an adequate amount? More than average? Would more sleep make me better at worrying? What would happen if...?

Look at that worried little face! Wonder where he gets that from?
He had been getting his own milk in the 
middle of the night (semi regular occurance) and slipped!

Welcome to the inside of my head... except I don't worry about worrying, just about everything else

As a person who has a significant amount of... let's say life experience for someone in her mid-thirties; I've always been someone who hopes for the best but plans for the worst.

I'm the person who always has a plan b, a detailed plan b. Sometimes a plan c or plan d or plan e. I worry on behalf of my friends and family and even sometimes people I've just met. Then I worry about how to tell them the information I've just googled or heard or worked out. 

So, if you're tempted to worry about something - don't bother! I've probably already got it covered!

 

5 comments:

  1. this is a tough habit to break. I am a worrier too, but I have found it useful to remind myself I am worrying and that I need to stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sam, I'd probably be with you on the podium getting a medal (but not proudly!). Great idea - I'd love to give up worrying so much as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sweetheart, you are me, YOU ARE ME! But I've got lots better at not giving a shit these days, and I try to ask myself "what is the worst thing that can happen?"Both my parents are HUGE worriers, so I get it from them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I would like to THANK YOU for worrying on my behalf - I "worry" about NOTHING. Just not built that way. Dunno how to help you "break" that "habit."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is worry a habit? Imagine if you really could break it! That would be amazing.

    The habit I'd most like to break is drinking diet coke. As if I couldn't tackle that one if I really, really wanted to!! x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for stopping by :)