Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Italian Beef Hotpot

I have been using my slow cooker a bit lately. With everything else that's been going on here (a deluge of paper from work, colds and flu, just the general busy-ness that comes with having three children), easy, cheap and food that's ready when I get home has been more than appealing!

Italian Beef Hotpot (serves 4... at least)

Ingredients:
500g diced steak
6 mushrooms, sliced
2 carrots, sliced
2 potatoes
1.5 cups stock
1 tin tomatoes
1 cup red wine
3 tablespoons tapioca
Salt/Pepper to taste
Herbs to taste (eg mixed Italian herbs)

Method:
Put all ingredients into a slow cooker
Cook on low for 8 hours
Serve with mash/bread/fettucine

Some optional extras:
Add risoni after 6/7 hours for a thicker stew
Add additional veges as required
Add cream before serving
(my favourite) add a half teaspoon of curry powder for additional flavour

I love it! Such a lovely pick me up after a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for stopping by :)