Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

Banana Oat Hotcakes

Made something new today - a recipe I'd cut out of the Coles catalogue ages ago. It seemed like a winner because 1. it was healthy enough to be acceptable kindy lunchbox food and 2. it has oats in it (low GI and good for lowering cholesterol). The kids seemed to like them, and they were filling enough that *I* didn't have to raid the biscuit tin too soon after breakfast!!!


Ingredients:
1.5 cups SR Flour
1tsp baking powder
1 cup quick cook oats
1 tbsp caster sugar (I reckon I'd try honey next time)
2 eggs
1.25 cups milk
60g butter, melted and cooled
1tsp vanilla essence
2 small bananas, mashed
Jam/maple syrup/yoghurt to serve

Method:
1. Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Stir in oats and sugar and make a well in the centre
2. Whisk eggs, milk, melted butter and vanilla in a jug. Add to dry ingredients with banana and mix well.
3. Cook as per pikelets to desired size
4. Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. These look great Sam! I think my kids will love them. Must put them on my 'to try' recipe pile xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for stopping by :)