Pages

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Pink elephants and spotted umbrellas...

I've been trying to spend some quality time with Nat doing 'big girl' things while Zander is at kindy. She get to choose the activity each week. This week she told me we were going to make pink elephants. As I am obsessed with food, this meant only one thing to me - pink elephant biscuits! However, when we got out our cookie cutter collection (over 130 of them) she changed her mind: umbrellas (it had been raining) and Hi-5 bikkies.

Besides gingerbread, I've never really made many 'cookie cutter' biscuits so we had to hunt down a recipe. It was terrible and way too hard to cut out the shapes. I've since had some advice from my baking-queen sister and so I hope next time it will be easier... I am taking recipe suggestions, though! Something quick and easy enough for a 3 year old to really feel that she's really made them herself!

After Zander had done his 'homework' (a recent obsession of his, since watching his cousin work through homework sheets at the kitchen table) we decorated them. Here they are:



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for stopping by :)