Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

One down, two to go!

When I was pregnant with Nat, I made two tiny quilts to go onto the toddler beds in the room that she'd share with Zander. Now that my 'big kids' have moved onto full-sized singles in their own rooms, I thought it was time to make some new 'mummy-blankies' (as Zander calls them) :)

Here's what I've made for Nat.  

I wanted to make something that didn't need ironing after washing, so I did a sort of 'scribble stitch' over the squares so it always appears wrinkly and soft. Being that I haven't had any sewing lessons since Mrs Vanstone's class in year 9, it is decidedly home-made looking but made with love nonetheless!!! I put coral fleece on the underside (something I never intend to sew with again, way too stretchy!) and Natti has pronounced it 'soft like a bunny' to sleep under :)


Here are the quilts that are on the 'out' - relegated to snuggling under on the downstairs couches for our movie nights at home :)


Next... Zander's quilt. He's picked out some material, I just have to get the guts up to begin! I'm going to applique some rockets on his (seems to be a shortage of 'cool' boy fabric here in Bundy)... wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for stopping by :)